Monday, July 30, 2012

Made With 100% Natural Products


pi·ca/ˈpīkə/
Noun:
2. A tendency or craving to eat substances other than normal food (such as clay, plaster, or ashes), occurring during childhood or pregnancy

Thank goodness my wife is only intensely craving ice right now, because I don’t know if I could sleep next to her if she was eating things like dirt or ashes.  The ice cravings have been going on for quite a while now, and there are times where I think the wife would do anything to get some ice.  She has become very generous in getting me Slurpees because then she has a reason to get a large cup of ice.  You may be wondering why she has to buy her ice by the cup.  Well, I have learned over the last little while that all ice is not created equal.  Shocked? I thought so.  The ice you make in your freezer at home is quite hard, the ice you buy by the bag is a bit softer, but the ice you buy in convenience stores to go in soft drinks....premium quality ice.  Apparently it tastes amazing, but honestly I prefer this last type because it doesn't sound like she is going to snap off a tooth.  

There are some evenings where I forget that she eats ice, and all of a sudden I hear crunching and think to myself, "man whatever she's eating sounds really good."  Then I remember that she is not eating anything of nutritional value, and go back to blocking the sound out.  I wonder if this is one of those old wives tales where the baby is going to be an excellent skater or will be an avid member of the polar bear club.  Only time will tell, I guess.

1 comment: