Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Ew Spit It Out!

We are at 29 weeks now, which means only 10ish weeks left.  You heard me...10ish weeks left!  Let's stay calm though.  We can get through this together.  According to the website the peanut is around 2.5 pounds, which is the weight of a butternut squash.  On a side-note, I'm not a fan of the squashes.  The wife loves 'em, but I choke it down while she stares at me.  Anywho, we went for an ultrasound on Tuesday, and our baby actually weighs about 2lbs 13oz.  The wife is worried that the parasite is going to weigh in around the 10 pound mark, but the ultrasound guy thinks it will be smaller.  Thank goodness!  I don't think I could ever look at my wife the same way again if she pushed out a 10 pound object.  I just cannot see anyone bounce back from that fully.

I saw the baby yawn on the ultrasound, which melted me heart.  Not yet born, and it already has me wrapped around a finger.  I couldn't help thinking of how I yawn though.  Mouth stretched open, eyes disappearing, and...oh yeah...inhaling!  What the heck is the little one inhaling?  It's pretty much 29 week-old bath water at this point.  Try yawning without inhaling.  It's super creepy, and you can't do it.  So you know that the baby is inhaling the fluid.  What would be fantastic to see would be the baby blowing bubbles in the fluid.  I mean if you have all that time in there, you may as well have some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment