Friday, June 8, 2012

28 Weeks

I have missed a lot the past week or more.  I had an emergency at work that took up way too much of my energy, and left me absolutely drained.  I have not only neglected this blog, but I have neglected the baby too.  While I was focused on myself, my baby went from being as long as a cucumber to weighing as much as a head of cauliflower and now to weighing as much as a much as a Chinese cabbage.  Honestly, I'm not even going to look up a Chinese cabbage because I feel that I would only be perpetuating the ridiculous comparisons that the website makes to vegetables and fruit.  Possible conspiracy to get me to buy these vegetables and fruit perhaps? I think so.

Some other highlights include some sporty eyelashes that the little parasite can blink with, the ability for the little one to suck on fingers (ew), and baby is getting some pudge now to fill out that wrinkly skin that we talked about previously.  We have the ultrasound next week so I guess we will see just how pudgy the little one is getting.

Baby is pretty darn active these days, and ranges from kicking the wife in the bladder to snuggling up against her ribs.  Awww doesn't that sound cute? No, no it does not.  The thought of it actually creeps me out.  Last night the wife told me to look at her stomach, and I swear to Jebus that the baby did a somersault right before my eyes.  It was like when you see something move right below the surface of the water, and it makes a small bubble of movement on top.  Creepy.  The wife usually says, "aren't you looking forward to going through this?"  To be quite honest I am a little curious about the whole thing, but I'm also very creeped out by the thought of having something alive inside of me.  To get the same feeling as me, think about having a tumor inside of you.  Not your everyday, run-of-the-mill type of tumor, but the one with teeth and hair.  I know that it's not fair to compare the two, but really that type of tumor grows too.  And the last time I checked, only living things grow.  Just saying.  Oh and if you google "tumor with teeth and hair" you just may throw up a little.  In case you had the urge.

No comments:

Post a Comment