Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Rock a Bye Mango

Well the little peanut is 23 weeks today.  It's still as long as a spaghetti squash, but now it weighs as much as a large mango.  I could not make this stuff up, even if I tried.  Apparently the baby is now reactive to the sounds outside the stomach.  All this pressure to talk to it!  I'm sure it already gets enough of my voice.  I do talk a lot at home and I'm fairly loud.  So I really don't see the need for excessive talking.  But, if the baby now reacts to sounds more, then I think my music sharing will pay off.  This kid is going to have the best taste in music...in my mind anyway.

We built the crib yesterday.  Actually that's a lie.  We built the crib Monday AND Tuesday.  The instructions included with the crib contained three duplicates of the steps to complete 3/4 of the crib, but not the rest.  I gave up before that though because it was so damn frustrating.  There were like 50 pieces of hardware to sort and figure out.  And honestly, we did screw part of the crib on backwards.  It was quickly fixed, though, and I soon gave up for the evening.  I guessed at how to put the rest of the crib together and I'm hoping its solid.  Key word is hoping.  I could test it out with a spaghetti squash or a large mango.

No comments:

Post a Comment