Friday, March 2, 2012

When Life Gives You Lemons, Wait 6 Months

Baby size update time!  And you guessed it, the baby is the size of a lemon.  Amazing.  Just amazing.  To go from a medium shrimp to a lemon is just unbelievable.  I can't wait to see what size it's going to be next week.  But I won't peek!  We will discover it (somewhat) together.

In other news, the peanut is making faces in my wife's belly.  Grimacing, frowning and squinting.  I don't know what all the fuss is about but apparently something is preventing it from smiling.  Maybe I need to work on my jokes.  There is no greater insult than a child not finding their parent funny.  So this child better learn to smile and giggle pretty quick, for my self-esteem's sake.  They say it takes more face muscles to frown than it does to smile, but I'm not so sure about that.  I know "they" are experts, but if that's true then why isn't my baby smiling already.  Is it because its head is still too big for its body?  Is it because it is now producing urine which it "releases into the amniotic fluid around him - a process he'll keep up until birth"?  Or is it because it now has downy hair all over its body called "lanugo"?  Picture a large headed monkey floating in its own pee. I don't know about you but any one of these things would make me frown.  Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment