Monday, April 23, 2012

Baby's First Concert

I still can't talk to my child.  I just can't get the thought of how Ross from "Friends" looked out of my head.  It might be easier if I read it a story, but that still feels weird to me too.  So I have come up with a compromise.  We are listening to music together.  I put one ear bud in my ear, and I put the other one in the microphone (bellybutton) so that we can listen at the same time without disturbing the wife.  I haven't found one that the little peanut is particularly ecstatic about yet, but I am determined to find something that makes it dance.  I do know that the parasite is capable of dancing because the wife was woken up the other day by the baby "river dancing" in its cave.  I will just have to try a variety of music to find what it likes best.

There's that whole theory that playing classical music for unborn babies can make it smarter when it's older, but my perusing of the internet has resulted in not enough studies done in this area.  I guess we will have to see once this little thing gets older.  In the meantime I will conduct my own experiments with a variety of music.  Then I can see what gets it moving and what doesn't.  This could actually be more fun then pouring my heart out to an unsuspecting baby.  And more interesting for it too.


No comments:

Post a Comment