Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Turns Out It's A Baby In There

It's a......baby! I know, I was just as shocked as you. I half expected a monkey or a piece of fruit in there.  I was wrong.  So I got to see our baby for the first time and it was amazing.  Who knew such a weird picture of a baby would make someone so happy?  I sure didn't.  Baby is healthy and is a few days bigger than expected.  You're probably thinking oh that isn't much.  It is, though, when you think about the fact that the wife was close to 10lbs when she was born and our donor was over 10lbs when he was born.  So if the baby keeps growing fast, then this could end up being a whopper!

In case you are wondering, the baby is now the length of a carrot.  Last week banana, this week carrot.  The little peanut is now kicking up a storm, which apparently is normal at this stage of the game.  In other news: the baby's eyelids and eyebrows are now present.  Sick hey?  The parasite was just floating around in there with no eyelids.  I get that it's dark in its cave, but still that is creepy.  Couldn't the eyelids have developed before the fingerprints???  The latter just doesn't seem as important to have.

We tried to get a picture of the baby's face or its profile, but it just did not want us to see what it looks like.  We did find out the sex of the baby but I'm not sure yet if it's going to be announced on here.  I am still deciding, and the votes are all tied for everything except "yes" so I'm not feeling that the masses would like to know.  Ohhhh, decisions decisions.

Those ought to keep the dust out of baby's eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment