Friday, January 13, 2012

Cute in a Weird Way

According to the "experts" on the internet, this is what our baby looks like right now.
Isn't this just the cutest? 
I know that it's only a cartoonish picture of the baby, but it is kinda cute.  In a weird way of course.  Once again, as an outsider, I am questioning my feelings towards this little thing.  I have some attachment to it, but probably not the amount that I would have if I was the one carrying the baby.  And to be quite honest this little cartoon picture is not really helping me become attached.  Although it's better than the previous picture I had in my head of a blueberry with paddles for arms and legs.  I'm not entirely sure if the paddles they are describing are ping pong paddles or more like canoe paddles, but the following image is the one that I had in my head.
(Artist's rendering)
I'm almost positive that this is not the image they were planning on people having.  And now that I look at the first image I think I should have went with ping pong paddles.  Oh well, the mind creates what it wants to.  Despite this messed-up visual of our unborn baby, it is slowly growing on me.  My wife is only seven weeks along, after all, so there is plenty of time for me to become attached.


No comments:

Post a Comment