Saturday, January 14, 2012

Resistance is Futile

When my wife first got pregnant I began to refer to our future bundle of joy as a parasite.  And by definition:

par·a·site   /ˈparəˌsīt/

Noun:
  1. An organism that lives in or on another organism (its host) and benefits by deriving nutrients at the host's expense.

that is exactly what the baby is at the moment.  So my loving nickname for the baby is "the parasite".  


My wife has decided to take this to the next, maybe third, level by referring to herself as "we".  For example: "we are hungry", "we are tired" or "we miss you".  Don't get me wrong, it is cute, but I am just hit with images of the Borg from Star Trek, and it is slightly creeping me out.  Back story for those unfamiliar with the works of Gene Roddenberry - The Borg were an android/humanoid race whose goal in life was assimilation.  They remind me of my wife because they would refer to themselves as "we".  References to themselves were references to all Borg, like references to my wife appear to be references to the both of them.  Maybe I should just thank my lucky stars that this is where the similarities end, and that she isn't trying to assimilate me in my sleep.  I sleep like the dead so she may very well have already.
What? This? It's for astigmatism.
Happy weekend! And "we" will be back Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment