Thursday, February 9, 2012

Who The Heck Are You?

A friend asked my wife if we know what we want our baby to call us.  Like does one want to be "Mom" while the other will be "Mommy"?  Oddly enough, this is the first time we've really been asked that kind of question.  We have talked with others about what the grandmothers will be called.  The vote went to "Mee-maw" for my mom, and Sarah's mom decided on "Gran" as she is an avid Coronation Street viewer.  We just haven't talked to anyone about what we will be called.  Don't get me wrong, we have definitely talked about this to each other.  I'm sure the child will figure out what it wants to call each of us.  But really, if it wants us that badly, once it can talk it will figure out a way to get our attention.  Hollering "hey you!" is bound to get someone's attention.

I know what you're thinking...."Hey lady! The name of your blog is The Other Mommy".  Well folks, I thought of "The Other Mother" but that made me think of "brother from another mother".  I also thought of "The Other Mom" but that made me think of a step-mom.  So I guess I jumped the gun, and maybe I have inadvertently chosen "mommy" for myself.  At this point I really can't say.  All I am is a muffled, booming voice that speaks into the bellybutton microphone from time to time.  I guess we will just have to wait and see when the little peanut starts to gab.

No comments:

Post a Comment